Now the world is borderless, every people from the part of the world is able to study everywhere. Europe is one of the most favorite destinations for International students to study because most of the world class educational institution exist in there. If you want to study in Europe, especially in the Schengen country, you will need a Schengen study visa. This visa is like a permission for the foreign student to study in the particular educational institution in Europe within the Schengen countries. Students who are looking for Schengen study visa do not have to obtain the citizenship status of the designated country or immigrant visa either.
A student from non-European countries who wish to study in Europe must apply for Schengen study visa. Usually, the duration of study is longer than 90 days because most of the students need to finish a whole academic year. Thus, when you are applying for Schengen study visa, you must also apply for the residency permit in the designated country for a period of one whole year or more until you finish your study. To make you understand more, here is the things you should know before you applying Schengen study visa.
- The first document to prepare is the application form. You can download the form on the internet, print it out and then fill every section sincerely.
- Prepared your travel documents such as passport that still valid at least three months until the expiration date.
- Prepared the financial guarantees document. The document is the prove of how you intend to support your life in Europe such as cash in convertible currency, traveler’s cheques, cheque books for a foreign currency account, or credit cards.
- If necessary, put your accommodation proof. You don’t have to put accommodation proof in you already have sufficient funds to cover their stay in Schengen countries.
- Two latest passports sized photos. Put the most appropriate photos of you for the designated embassy or consulate.
- Put travel itinerary, medical or travel insurance that valid during your stay in the Schengen countries.
- Put along the letter of acceptance or LoA from the designated university. It shows that you have officially become a student in the University.
- The last is preparing the bank receipt as a proof that you have paid for the visa processing fee.
After you prepared the documents above, some embassies or consulates may ask you to prepare additional documents to assure the request and the information are genuine. It depends on the embassy or consulate. They may ask you to put a certificate that proves you have no legal issues pending or a criminal record.
The validity of the Visa
The Schengen visa is commonly valid for 90 days or three months, but the Schengen study visa can valid longer until the date of the student must finish their study. That is why, after you arrive at the Schengen countries, you are obligated to apply for a resident permit in the related authorities. The good thing from acquiring residency permit is that you are able to freely travel throughout the whole Schengen area without having to prepare any additional documents. Usually, the residency permit will be stamped in your passport. The Schengen study visa validity is predetermined by the authorities right in the day you are issued your visa. As long as your visa is still valid, you are able to travel in and out of the designated country, within the Schengen area. However, you still have to notify the authorities if you intend to travel out of the Schengen area.
Remember that before you apply for Schengen students visa, make sure that you have prepared all of the mandatory documents in order. Send all of the documents directly or handed personally to the designated consulate general or embassy in your home country.
How long does it take to receive the visa?
In the process of making Schengen study visa, you will have to wait for maximum three months to get confirmation from the embassy or consulate general. But usually, it will only take one month. In case if you did not get any confirmation you may contact the embassy. Perhaps your request has been denied due to some reasons.