Have you ever dreaming about working in Europe? Europe is not only famous for tourist destinations but also the best working place in the world. Countries in Europe has become long promotor of industrialization era in the world. They have begun their modern and industrialization era long before the world war happened. Many big companies in the world exist in there. Thus, so many people abroad come to Europe to get the best salary from these industrialized countries. There are so many countries in Europe that become the main destination to work such as France, Italy, United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Swiss, Spain, etc.
If you are non-citizens of European Union, you will need a Schengen work visa if you are willing to get a job in the certain country in Europe, especially in the Schengen country. This visa is like a permission for citizens that have mandatory visa requirements from the Schengen zone to engage in a working activity in the Company or in the Institution within Schengen zone. They are able to move from one country to another without having to look for the citizenship status of the designated country in order to work or residing in particular state in Schengen area. They might live alone or bring their family to the designated country.
Beside citizens from the Schengen countries, there are certainly several states whose the citizens are able to work in the certain Schengen country without having to obtain Schengen working visas such as United States of America, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, and Switzerland. However, whether citizens with visa or no visa, they must apply for a residence permit before they are entering the territory of the Schengen countries for work purposes.
Applying for Schengen work visa
Before you are applying for a Schengen work visa, you must prepare all of the necessary documents. Keep it mind that incomplete document will take more time in the proceeding process or your application might be denied. Make sure to list all of the necessary document before submitting the application. Here are several documents you should prepare.
- A form of application. In applying for a Schengen work visa, there are two application forms. Download the application form on the embassy website. You can fill the form electronically and then print it out.
- Personal photo. Attach one photo that uses passport format with full face capture and light background. Put the recent one. It will more represent you than the old picture.
- Put along your passport with copies of your previous visas. Check the validity of your passport. It must have validity for at least three months and two pages blank.
- Flight reservation. Copy your flight reservation for the time you will be traveling. It is better not to buy a plane ticket before you got your visa.
- Medical insurance. Make sure that your medical insurance is secure and it can cover any medical emergency with hospital care. The policy about health care insurance stated that it can cover the expenses up to thirty thousand (30.000) euro. Though you have purchased the health insurance, you can cancel it in case if your visa application is denied.
- Attach proof of accommodation
- Put the employment contract between the applicant and the future employer in the designated Schengen country.
- Put any certificates to prove yourself that you have no legal issues pending or any criminal record. This certificate is optional. You may put it if the visa application form asks you to do so or if the embassy or consulate notify you to put that documents.
Submitting the application documents
It is very recommended for you hand delivery all of the application documents to the embassy or consulate general of the designated country in where you are currently living. Schengen working visa is included as a long term visa which allows citizens to reside in the Schengen countries for the time they will be employed. That is why they are obligated to have a residence permit. The residence permit will allow the to have the same right as other EU citizens in the same area. the processing time for Schengen work visa usually required maximum three months or less.