The Schengen business visa is the main requirement for Non-European citizen or citizens of countries that have mandatory visa requirements from the Schengen Zone who have a business agenda in certain Schengen countries. The Schengen business visa does not require the citizenship status of the designated country for doing business agenda, but still, the authorization has some limitations.
The Schengen business visa is included as the short term of Schengen visa under business specification. For EU citizens, they might not be required to get this visa in order to travel for a business trip. This visa allows its holder to travel to particular Schengen country whether a single entry or multiple entries. They are allowed to stay for no longer than three months within the period of Six months in the same year. But, it can be longer depending on the nature of the business and the applicant requests.
Documents to submit
Here is the list of the documents needed to apply for Schengen business visa. Make sure do not miss one of it!
- Application form. You can download the application form online. Choose the application form for Schengen business visa. You may fill the form electronically and then print the form. Because all of the documents will not be sent online.
- Single photo. Attached one of your recent photo in passport format, full face capture, and light background.
- Passport and copies of the previous visa. Check the validity of your passport, make sure it is valid for at least three months. Leave to pages blank in your passport. If it is already full, get the new one.
- A copy of flight reservation. You must have a copy of the reservation of the return ticket for the time you intended to travel. If it not necessary, do not buy the ticket plane before you got the visa in your hand.
- Medical insurance. Before traveling abroad you have to make sure that have medical insurance that covering any medical emergency with hospital care. Usually, the sum of the medical insurance is up to 30.000 euros, but it also depends on how long you will reside in the Schengen countries. Though you have to purchase medical insurance before applying for a visa, it can be canceled in case if your visa is denied.
- Cover letter. Make one of the cover letters that explain about the purpose of your visit in the Schengen country.
- Company’s profile. Make a short profile about your current working place.
- Business documents. Put along all of the business document necessary for the application such as memorandum, article of association, trade license, Proprietorship, or Partnership documents.
- Bank statement. Remember, put only the recent bank statements.
- Employer’s letter. It is a letter from the employer that describing the purpose of your travel and the itinerary of the days you will spend in the Schengen region. Relate to the applicant’s expenses, the employer’s letter must state that there is one party or more that will cover up your travel expenses during your stay in the Schengen country.
- Invitation letter. Attach the invitation letter from the company in the Schengen countries where you will do your business. You should fax the corresponding consulate also.
- Trade’s partnership documents. This document is optional. You may put also the document that shows the previous trade relation between your company with the company in the Schengen country.
- Proof of accommodation
The list above is the general documents that should be prepared. However, some embassy or consulate may require you the additional document to make sure that the information you have put is genuine. They may ask you to put the certificates to prove that you have no criminal record or legal issues. If the embassy or the consulate need that kind of document, they will soon give you notification after you submit your application.
Where to submit?
When applying for the Schengen business visa, you must bring all of your application documents to the embassy or consulate general of the Schengen designated country in your own country. Do not send it online. Usually, the embassy or consulate will reply your request within ten working