Not all of the citizens in the world need Greek Visa when they want to visit Greek. Greek is a member state of the European Union and has ratified the Schengen Agreement, thus citizens from other European Union member states are not required to obtain Greek Visa. Greek also give free visa for several countries besides EU member state to visit and stay in the country for up to 3 months within a period of six months. Greek Visa is not required for citizens who hold a valid passport from these following countries:
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- Saint Marino
- South Korea
However, Greek Visa is obligatory for majority citizens except for EU member states. There are different types of visa to apply depending on your occasion and your purpose of travel to Greece. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, transit, study, work and reside there temporary or permanently.
What should you know before planning trip to Greece?
- Passport validity
The first thing you should check is your passport’s current validity. All of the people who want to travel abroad will need a valid passport for at least 3 months following your departure date from Greece. But, it would be safer for traveling with six months validity of your passport.
- Blank Visa pages
Second is make sure that your passport still has blank visa pages. Most countries, including Greece, will require you to have adequate un-used pages in your passport. The blank pages will provide a place for any necessary stamps upon arrival and departure. It is better for you to have at least two pages free in the visa section of your passport before you go for international travel.
- Transit Visa
The third is confirm that your transit visa can be used for any connections or not. You can check through the airlines whether you have connecting flights or not during your journey to Greece. In case if the countries you will pass through require a separate transit visa, you have prepared for it.
General requirements for a Greek Visa Application:
- Do not forget to download the application form first, fill the form completely and sincerity.
- Attach at least two photos of you. Usually, the photo should be of passport format with a recent whole-face capture with a color background. Each state may have different photo requirements, so, it is better to learn about photo requirements and specifications before making visa.
- Put your passport and copies of your visa. Your visa must have validity at least 3 months before return date and has at least two blank pages.
- Put along your medical insurance that confirms the coverage minimum 30.000 €
- Put a cover letter which stated your purpose of visiting Greece and itinerary
- Proof your civil status whether you are married or not. The civil status documents include a marriage certificate, birth certificate, ration card if possible.
- Put also your flight itinerary which clearly states the dates and flight numbers when you go and come back from Greece.
- If necessary, put your Hotel Reservation during your visit and stay in Greece.
Specific requirements for Greek Visa Application:
The specific requirement is an additional document that must be attached along with the documents in the general requirements. The additional document depends on the purpose and reason of someone to visit Greece. The document required might be different from one to another.
- For Employed
- Employment contract
- At least six months valid bank statement
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form
- For Self Employed
- Your business license’s copy
- The latest bank or company statement (minimum six months valid)
- Income Tax Return
- For a student
- Proof of enrollment
- Letter of Acceptance from school or university in Greek
In order to apply for Greek Visa, you must obtain the documents that listed above. Start preparing and fill the requirements before you planning to go to Greece.